Late intro I know, but better late than never, yeah?

ttcchen

Late intro I know, but better late than never, yeah?

Postby ttcchen » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Wassup everyone. This is ttcchen. You can call me TT or TTCC, either way works. I don't really care about names since I don't think my name suits me, real name and nickname wise. And I can't think of a name that suits me, that clicks for me, that I feel a connection to, that just feels right. So you can call me anything, I really don't mind. I'm aroace and in my early twenties. I can be pretty immature and stubborn at times.

I never thought of joining a scanlation team. Before joining DT, I was working on projects all by myself. It was a real pain in the rear learning how to clean, redraw, typeset, the many different types of fonts and which one to use where, how to use Photoshop for the first time, translate and make sure the sentences are fluent...etc. English isn't my first language so sometimes my translation may sound strange. I slowly gathered a team from readers who agreed to help me. Then came Wraith's recruitment message of how DT needed a translator at the time and I thought why not? Working with a group must be more entertaining than working by myself. And here I am.

DT is a fun place and I don't think I'll ever join another scanlation team. The people here are nice. Not many restricting rules. There's no real deadline and real life issues always comes first. Unlike a few other scanlation groups I've heard of which working with them is like working at a demanding job under a tyrannical department head.

My new job is quite demanding and has hectic working hours so I'll be quite busy for about half this year. The current arc of Nanba MG5 is not really my cup of tea so it would take me quite a bit to squeeze out each script, but I'll try not to slack off too much (feel free to msg me and give me an earful if you haven't heard from me in a while).

achyif

Re: Late intro I know, but better late than never, yeah?

Postby achyif » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Looking forward to working with you for a loooong time ;)
If a link of mine that you need is broken, message me

Return to “Introduce Yourself”