Hiya

Wraith

Re: Hiya

Postby Wraith » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Uuuh… hello?
anguirus

Postby anguirus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:08 am

Lol sorry I thought I wrote a big paragraph on wanting to help proof read but it was 4 in the morning and I just got off a late shift so must of dreamt that bit. XD

Anyway yh hi am 26 uk wanting to help proof read or anything, got a lot of time on my hands and willing to help out were ever possible
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Hmmm… anguirus, enthusiasm is a highly prized trait among scanlators, so I thank you for the interest.

However… "must of" is ungrammatical; the appropriate construction is "must have". I understand that "must of" is in colloquial usage in the British Isles, has been since the 19th century at least, but it's not a standard construction.

I hope you understand that we're less than inclined to test applicants who don't use polished English in their first contact with us. A proofreader is by requirement a "grammar Nazi". If your first contact, when you use your spontaneous English, is lacking in that regard, it's to be expected that you won't be able to pinpoint subtle mistakes in the translations our group produces. Your first contact is your greeting card: just as a greeting card with a typo conveys a poor impression, applying as a proofreader should be done in a manner that builds up trust. After trust is built, then you can relax and use English as you feel like doing.

So, I'm sorry that we cannot accept your application.
anguirus

Postby anguirus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:29 am

ah no worries, thanks for the reply :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”