Introduction

Mii

Introduction

Postby Mii » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Hello, my name is Rafael and I have just registered, so I thougth about spending a little time here to introduce myself.
I am a brazilian Chemical Engineer, and I really really really love manga. I currently follow around 40 different series, including some from Death Toll Scans (hello, Sprite! Hello bait chapter of Kami-sama, Ki-sama o Koroshitai). Besides manga, I am into 3D printing, 3D modeling, making my own computer games (using mainly Unity) and martial arts. I am quite profficient in english, I know some spanish, and am currently studying japanese (starting Intermediate level).

I have the bold wish to help Death Toll Scans with their scanlations, specially as a cleaner/redrawer for the Sprite and Kami-sama, Ki-sama o Koroshitai series. I say bold, because I started studying Photoshop after reading the redrawer recruiting "ad" for Sprite, so I am still just a beginner. I am trying to finish the editor test and hope to become helpful sometime soon :)

(I am sorry if my text is a little confuse, but a teatcher I had told me once that she could imagine me writing some fiction novel, but not a descriptive, argumentative and straight one lol <.<; )

Anyway, nice to meet everyone!

Wraith

Re: Introduction

Postby Wraith » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Well, nice to meet you Mii!

Wraith here, the current jack-of-all-trades (also known as admin) for Death Toll.

Your choice of helping with God, I want to kill the bastards! is a wise one, it's the only series we have that is not hard to clean or redraw. The editor test assess typesetting skills, though, it may be unnecessary for you to go that far. You may be better off with taking the cleaner test and the general version of the redrawer test. Still, if you pass the Editor test, and are interested, we may put you in charge of the whole edition of God, I want to kill the bastards!, including typesetting. That would essentially mean this series will become a full-fledged project.

In any case, good luck!

Ah, I am also Brazilian. DT is quite international.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”