Hi. Nice to meet you all.

CloudyDaze

Hi. Nice to meet you all.

Postby CloudyDaze » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:53 am

I've recently gotten back into reading manga on a near obsessive basis for the first time since High School and am constantly for looking for more than your standard Shounen Jump fare.

I heard about Death Toll because I actually was looking for information on a scanlation group that used to be formally associated with this site and I was hoping to get some more info into that as well.

Otherwise, I hope to find things to enjoy occupying my time with from this site.

Thank you kindly. :)

Cloudy

Wraith

Re: Hi. Nice to meet you all.

Postby Wraith » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi, CloudyDaze, thanks for the interest.

We're the one and only Death Toll Scanlations and have always been associated with this site, since we were the ones who created it. Any previous webpages, like the legacy one still existing in Blogger, are also ours.

Death Toll has existed for almost ten years. The founders are all retired now, as are most of the second generation members, Kabuto excepted. Most current members are third or fourth generation now. I am the fifth admin.

I've answered your question in the chatbox. LayedBaack is a second-generation team member who went into retirement, then came back under a new nickname, LayLay, and stayed with us for a while before retiring again. She used to be mainly a cleaner.

From what you said about your current interests, Death Toll seems to be a good place for finding series that will interest you. Most of what we do is seinen or non-mainstream shounen. We lean towards violence, mystery and supernatural, though we have a rogue moe division engrafted in the group. So feel free to search around in our reader and see whether any of our current projects catch your attention.

Make yourself at home :)
CloudyDaze

Postby CloudyDaze » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 pm

First off thank you so much for answering my question! ... Kinda sucks though because I was hoping my search wouldn't end so quickly, but I suppose that's what happens ^^;

I ended up finding Death Toll while trying to find the original translators to Red Garden ( https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7080 ) because it's one of the first Seinen Manga I've really gotten hooked too, but I am shocked nobody has tried translating past ch 5. I was hoping to contact LayedBaack in hopes of seeing if they had any translated pages, or see if I can hire someone else to translate the rest of the series.

Btw Wraith, I will say I really got hooked into reading your guy's rendition of Ouroboros! The quality of production you guys make into your translations are top notch. :> I think I am going to enjoy Death Toll for what it's worth
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:02 pm

Ah, yes, Sakugara was a short-lived spin-off of Death Toll. I seem to recall our Head Translator, Momimomi-senpai, who does Sprite and also is second-generation, used to work with Sakugara, too.

I am the translator of Ouroboros, so thanks for the compliment.
CloudyDaze

Postby CloudyDaze » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:40 pm

It's been really hard to find any living information about Sakugara as of late. ^^; I'm thankful for whatever information I could find. It led me here after all.
I'm not really sure of your guys' policies, but is it alright for me to go around and ask these questions? I don't wanna inadvertently step on anyone's toes or bring up any old drama. ^^; Ultimately all I'm looking for is either answers or for someone to help me to translate the rest of Red Garden.

Oh shit, Wraith you did a great job! Keep it up :'D
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:45 pm

No worries, nobody even remembers that series here, and Sakugara is long disbanded.

As far as I can tell, there has never been any drama, Sakugara was an experimental spin-off, not a dissident group or hostile split. From what I heard, when the two groups coexisted, they shared team members and resources. But that's from before my time. As far as I know, not a single member of Sakugara is active in scanlation nowadays.

From our part, I don't think there's any other piece of information I can supply. Nor do we oppose in any way your taking up this series. So good luck finding a translator to work on it!
Georgemeelo

Death Toll Scans - Index page.

Postby Georgemeelo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:38 pm

Can Death Toll Scans guarantee the authenticity and accuracy of the death tolls reported on their index page, considering the potential for misinformation and manipulation in today's digital age?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”