Games You're Interested In(In Development)

Tohru

Games You're Interested In(In Development)

Postby Tohru » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:29 pm

Discuss games you know of that are currently in development here that have piqued your interest for whatever reason.

---------
I'm pretty excited for Crimson Desert right now. As much as I enjoyed Black Desert, it was a big grindfest with no cool dungeon/world activity payout. The only thing to brag about was that you killed a million bad guys, not any particular cool, big bad guys, or mastered any complex mechanics. It was a PVP game with all the aesthetics and crafting of a PVE player's dream.

I've also recently become interested in a game called Thunder: Throne Wars. It's in pre-alpha, and I'm aware the "vision" explained by devs at this stage can often be significantly farther from the final product than one hopes. Despite this, the portrayal of a Sci-Fi Fantasy Elder Scrolls is enticing, and I'm looking forward to following the developer's blog as they craft this project into something memorable.

altimys

Re: Games You're Interested In(In Development)

Postby altimys » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:30 pm

I've fallen out of interest with MMORPGs, though I do admit, the setting of Crimson Desert looks interesting to me.

As for games in development, I'm anticipating the final release of HADES (by Supergiant Games, of which I am a huge fan) which is in early access. Already, the early access version is a fairly polished game and worth more than the money I've paid for it. I'm not usually a fan of rogue-likes, but I'm absolutely thrilled with this one.

I'm also waiting on the final chapter of Long Gone Days (also early access) which is a indie game about war. I was drawn to the art, which had a webtoon-style to it, and I like how the game incorporates characters and languages from various countries.
Everath

Postby Everath » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 pm

BDO for me is a grindfest in a brown-grey dull world. So Crimson Desert is not really something I am excited for.
I'm mostly waiting for Blue Protocol atm, eventho I would want something more like Tera. And I guess Blade & Soul on Unreal Engine 4 here in the west, but I am positive it will run like shit also ;(
chuuug

Postby chuuug » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:14 pm

I'm not a MMORPG guy, but I did play BDO, it was an utterly miserable experience... the graphics were nice though. Crimson Desert looks better that BDO, but I'm not that interested in dumping my time in any Fantasy MMORPG at the moment.

I've been playing Mount & Blade 2 recently, it has improved a lot from previous installments. Unfortunately it's a game where you have to invest a lot of time and effort in, and I'm lazy, so it makes me sleepy every time I open it.

As altimys said, Hades is a very good rogue-like, I hope it doesn't take too long to finish, or else it'll lose it's drive.
OMORI is a game I've been eyeing for a while and it looks pretty awesome, it's a psychological horror RPG, in the likes of Yume Nikki, so yeah, definitely interested in that.
Tohru

Postby Tohru » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:47 am

Everath wrote:BDO for me is a grindfest in a brown-grey dull world. So Crimson Desert is not really something I am excited for.
I'm mostly waiting for Blue Protocol atm, eventho I would want something more like Tera. And I guess Blade & Soul on Unreal Engine 4 here in the west, but I am positive it will run like shit also ;(

Hadn't heard of blue protocol before you mentioned it. And yeah, I loved Tera(played it 2012-2017), but it ran like hot garbage. Blue Protocol's graphics remind me of Mabinogi, and the combat a bit like dragon nest.
achyif

Postby achyif » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:54 am

These days I've been most interested in multiplayer co-op. Some don't starve together, and when the new update comes, terraria :D Also enjoyed factorio, and uh... There honestly aren't that many online co-op games.
Maplestory (and MMORPGs) has long fallen out of my favor, though I did play a bit of it... and pretty quickly remembered why I quit in the first place... Man, I hate grinding.

I also like single player adventure/RPG games. I have a switch so I'll occasionally casually play games on that. Looking forward to BOTW 2 when it comes in 4 years ^_^
If a link of mine that you need is broken, message me
altimys

Postby altimys » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:38 pm

achyif wrote:These days I've been most interested in multiplayer co-op. Some don't starve together, and when the new update comes, terraria :D Also enjoyed factorio, and uh... There honestly aren't that many online co-op games.
Maplestory (and MMORPGs) has long fallen out of my favor, though I did play a bit of it... and pretty quickly remembered why I quit in the first place... Man, I hate grinding.

Recently received a copy of Monster Hunter: World, and it's an RPG that falls in that nice area where you can play with online friends but also do some things solo.

Grinding is something I absolutely hate in games, which is why I end up dropping a lot of stuff... including Pokemon.
achyif

Postby achyif » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:35 pm

altimys wrote:
achyif wrote:These days I've been most interested in multiplayer co-op. Some don't starve together, and when the new update comes, terraria :D Also enjoyed factorio, and uh... There honestly aren't that many online co-op games.

Recently received a copy of Monster Hunter: World, and it's an RPG that falls in that nice area where you can play with online friends but also do some things solo.

Grinding is something I absolutely hate in games, which is why I end up dropping a lot of stuff... including Pokemon.

Ahh, but here's the real kicker..... Games that are in 3D (first person or third, first person is worse) perspective make me physically ill.... I get mad motion sickness very quickly
If a link of mine that you need is broken, message me
Everath

Postby Everath » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:28 am

kittybits wrote:
Everath wrote:BDO for me is a grindfest in a brown-grey dull world. So Crimson Desert is not really something I am excited for.

Hadn't heard of blue protocol before you mentioned it. And yeah, I loved Tera(played it 2012-2017), but it ran like hot garbage. Blue Protocol's graphics remind me of Mabinogi, and the combat a bit like dragon nest.

Raiding in Tera (as a healer) was probably some of the most fun I ever had in a MMORPG.

For Blue Protocol I just hope there is a good healer class that do healing ö_ö.
altimys

Postby altimys » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:14 pm

achyif wrote:Ahh, but here's the real kicker..... Games that are in 3D (first person or third, first person is worse) perspective make me physically ill.... I get mad motion sickness very quickly

Oh lord, yes, every time I jump off a cliff in MHW I get squeamish, because I have a fear of heights IRL. Still can't get over it in a virtual world.

Return to “Fun and Games”