Games You're Interested In(In Development)

Tohru

Re: Games You're Interested In(In Development)

Postby Tohru » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Has anyone been following updates on "Ashes of Creation?" I've heard tell it is at the forefront of user expectations, seeking to satisfy the MMORPG community by unifying both the PVE and PVP playerbases. The world is set to develop based on a node-system which players cultivate through activity in a living world(similar to GW2).
With vague notions of large promises, I'm patiently awaiting more information.

In the meantime, I'm also looking to Blue Protocol to satisfy a sort of "Mabinogi" themed hole, and to "Crimson Desert" to fulfill a storytelling experience similar to "Red Dead Redemption 2," graphically astound to the extent of the updated "Black Desert Online," and adopt something comparable to its predecessor's action-fulfilling combat.

DankGhost

Postby DankGhost » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:33 pm

I'm a singleplayer and co-op guy through and through. Right now, I'm replaying fallout New Vegas, and I'm looking to play Borderlands 2. However, if it's multiplayer the only games I play regularly are Team Fortress 2 and a little bit of Overwatch and Minecraft. Not an MMORPG guy, too grindy.
Everath

Postby Everath » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:49 pm

I'm back playing Tera again. Guess I like the combat system too much.
chuuug

Postby chuuug » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 pm

I recently got hooked on PSO 2, it's not that grindy when compared to other, current MMOs, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the New Genesis update, it looks so damn good.
Tohru

Postby Tohru » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:57 am

chuuug wrote:I recently got hooked on PSO 2, it's not that grindy when compared to other, current MMOs, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the New Genesis update, it looks so damn good.

Like you, that has been filling my time as of late. The combat system is smooth, but simplistic enough to accomodate a busy dayworker like myself who doesn't have time to try and reach a high ceiling to enjoy the game. Have you seen the trailer for the graphics update they're planning in 2021? It looks like it will preserve its competitiveness for the market for a few years yet.

Even as it slopes down, I think there's a solid core of nostalgia players who experienced their first love of it with dreamcast(or later with PSU on Xbox etc) that will push it through longer than the typical projection for such an outdated game. I'm hoping they simplify the UI, as both Western and Korean MMO's are moving in that direction. Something about Japanese MMO UI's feels unnecessarily complex and redundant.

Everath wrote:I'm back playing Tera again. Guess I like the combat system too much.

I played Tera from 2012 to 2017 on and off. There's nothing quite like their combat system, but the poor optimisation was the kicker for me. How is the 64 bit port working out for you?
Everath

Postby Everath » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:21 pm

kittybits wrote:
Everath wrote:I'm back playing Tera again. Guess I like the combat system too much.

I played Tera from 2012 to 2017 on and off. There's nothing quite like their combat system, but the poor optimisation was the kicker for me. How is the 64 bit port working out for you?

Its way way better. Haven't noticed any fps drops so far, on max settings.
Tohru

Postby Tohru » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:21 am

DankGhost wrote:I'm a singleplayer and co-op guy through and through. Right now, I'm replaying fallout New Vegas, and I'm looking to play Borderlands 2. However, if it's multiplayer the only games I play regularly are Team Fortress 2 and a little bit of Overwatch and Minecraft. Not an MMORPG guy, too grindy.

What about games that are in development though? Are there any single players you have your eye on? Do you tend to seek out indie titles at all?

Everath wrote:
kittybits wrote:

Its way way better. Haven't noticed any fps drops so far, on max settings.

How long do you think this will prolong this game's life? Do you think it has regained a significant competitive edge?
DankGhost

Postby DankGhost » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:58 pm

kittybits wrote:
DankGhost wrote:I'm a singleplayer and co-op guy through and through. Right now, I'm replaying fallout New Vegas, and I'm looking to play Borderlands 2. However, if it's multiplayer the only games I play regularly are Team Fortress 2 and a little bit of Overwatch and Minecraft. Not an MMORPG guy, too grindy.

What about games that are in development though? Are there any single players you have your eye on? Do you tend to seek out indie titles at all?

I have a potato pc so I'm not eyeing anything rn; however, I do like me some indie games every now and then...

Return to “Fun and Games”