Typesetter Test: Take Two!

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
AshRa

Typesetter Test: Take Two!

Postby AshRa » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Name: Ash
Availability: I have about 3 days a week free give or take a day. UTC timezone and the days I'm free can vary.
What Manga You're Interested In: I'm pretty flexible. (As stated before, SI is my main interest but I'm not going to be picky as I know there are no positions available right now)
Software: Photoshop.
Experience: No experience specific to scanlation however I know my way around image editing.
Other Groups: None.

Other: Native English speaker so may be interested in proofreading.

Link
Last edited by AshRa on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wraith

Re: Typesetter Test: Take Two!

Postby Wraith » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Hmmm… you sure you've posted the right link? This application looks identical to the previous one (the text is just as oversized).
AshRa

Postby AshRa » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Yeah apologies. This is what I get for naming the files the same thing. Correct link is here (Also updated the post)
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:27 pm

This time it improved enough to send it to the Head Typesetter, but it still needs polishing to earn a pass. This is his assessment:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5zquvaxxcqly ... t.PNG?dl=0

If you decide to resubmit, you don't need to open a new thread, you can just post it in this one. Good luck!
AshRa

Postby AshRa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Alright, I appreciate the feedback. I spent some time going over the test and adjusting what I had. Made an effort to make use of rulers and even the shape tool to try and properly position my text.

Link can be found Here
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:07 am

All right, you pass! There were some remaining centering issues on pages 3 and 4, but nothing serious and you'll improve with practice.

I've upgraded you to staff and will write you a proper welcome message as soon as I hear from the typesetter who wanted to be replaced if we can give you the next chapter of Shounen Y right away. You can look around in the staff-only area, make yourself at home, and welcome to Death Toll! ^_^

For now, please set your email notification options to be notified when you have a PM in your inbox there: go to the User control panel (the small person icon at the top right, to the left of the envelope), then Board Preferences>Edit Notification Options. On the line "Someone sends you a private message" (the last one), check both boxes.

Return to “Editing”