Typesetter Test

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
AshRa

Typesetter Test

Postby AshRa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Name: Ash
Availability: I have about 3 days a week free give or take a day. UTC timezone and the days I'm free can vary.
What Manga You're Interested In: Survival Island is my main interest however I'm open to others.
Software: Photoshop.
Experience: No experience specific to scanlation however I know my way around image editing.
Other Groups: None.

Other: Native English speaker so may be interested in proofreading.

Link to completed test files

Wraith

Re: Typesetter Test

Postby Wraith » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi, Ash, thanks for the interest in joining Death Toll!

I normally forward the tests to our Head Typesetter immediately, but as he's not online now, I took a look at your application.

I can tell that at the present state, you would not be approved. All blocks of text are severely oversized. Not only is that reason for not approving it in itself, but it precludes any assessment of centering or shaping.

But don't worry. A first attempt is almost never successful. If you'd like to work on it and resubmit, you can find several tutorials on typesetting. This one is particularly famous: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11n5sy0mlhbh ... EySsa?dl=0

Unfortunately, the position for Suicide Island is taken, but we need a TSer for Shounen Y, which is only released irregularly.

Feel free to resubmit if and when you think you're ready.

Good luck!
AshRa

Postby AshRa » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

When I get some time I'll have a read of the tutorial you linked. Practice makes perfect so expect another attempt from me in the near future!

Shame about the lack of need for SI but I won't be picky.
Are there other positions open for SI? While I'll probably still go for typesetting I wouldn't mind having a bash at something else if it's not too far out of my comfort zone.

Cheers.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:38 pm

All positions for SI are filled at the moment, unfortunately. I'll let you know in case something shows up.

Return to “Editing”