Redrawing Test

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
.spoopyghwost

Redrawing Test

Postby .spoopyghwost » Tue May 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Name: .spoopyghwost
Availability: My schedule switches around every month or so, but either 3-9pm MT or 10pm-5am MT. Also available weekends
What Manga You're Interested In: Ichigeki, but open to others.
Software: Photoshop
Experience: Haven't ever done any scanlating before, but have been using PS for a little while.
Other Groups: None.

So inside are the PSD files and also JPEG versions. I think for a few of them I tweaked the JPEG versions a bit post-redrawing to make them look a bit cleaner so a few may differ from PSD to JPEG.
Also, wasn't sure if on Cradle_02-03 you wanted ALL the text removed, so I left what I feel like I've seen on other scans and that smoke cloud because I thought it was kind of fitting. Could be fixed though if you care.
Thank you,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YAfS ... VIY28/view

Edit: And here is the combined 40 and 41,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YAfS ... 8wY2s/view

2nd Edit: Cradle 2-03,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7YAfS ... sp=sharing
Last edited by .spoopyghwost on Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wraith

Re: Redrawing Test

Postby Wraith » Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi, .spoopyghwost, thanks for applying!

I took a look at your test and the pics you did seem very good. However, you didn't realise that Region 40 and Region 41 were a double page, and as such the halves ought to be merged, redrawing the gap between the halves (bridging doubles is the quintessential redrawing task). So I'd like you to merge them before I can forward the test to our Head Redrawer for a final verdict.

Before you decide to move forward, though, let me tell you which positions we have available.

Ichigeki is not an open position as of now, because it's very easy, so easy that it doesn't justify having one redrawer just for it. I'm rotating chapters among the current redrawers because it normally takes them just a few minutes to complete a chapter. If you do join us, I'll be more than happy to give all the chapters in the future to you, but I'd like you to do it as a side occupation to something else. This is even more so because as I announced in chapter 05, the next Ichigeki volume will only be published in July.

So if you were to join right now (meaning, if you submit the test with the merged page and our Head Redrawer approved it), the one orphan series at the moment is The moon is beautiful tonight, but first, die. You can take a look at it and see if you are interested before you decide whether you want to move forward with your application. Once you're inside, we can discuss your participation in other projects, as currently we have some redrawers doing two hard projects at the same time and they may welcome having some help.
.spoopyghwost

Postby .spoopyghwost » Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 pm

Yeah, noticed that was a double page a bit late, but I'll gladly take a crack at that and update. I'm on afternoons this week so working currently, but I'll be off later tonight and get that in, latest tomorrow morning.

Also, that sounds fine if I do end up being able to join, I'm open to helping out with whatever.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Wed May 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi, .spoopyghwost,

Our Head Redrawer has taken a look at your test and says the job looks great overall. To get his verdict, though, he asks for you to complete the Cradle 02_03 redraws (remaining Japanese text and white cloud), as you said you'd do if asked to.

We're nearly there!
.spoopyghwost

Postby .spoopyghwost » Wed May 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Alright sounds good, I'll get to working on that and hopefully have it done by the end of the night.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Alright, .spoopyghwost, sorry to make you leap through all these hoops, but…

You pass! ^_^

Here are the Head Redrawer, Mii's comments:

- There were maaaaany layers in the .psd's files. It is great for the application (I can check how you worked), but try to group them together in a folder to separate the redraw from the other editing/originals. In the projects you can also merge them all in only one layer, however you see fit;

- In the Cradle 02-03 there were some black lines in top-center-left part of the page (if tis orientation makes any sense) that seemed to be mistakenly there. Careful not to have lines that you didn't intend to draw in your layers;

- Be careful when stamping or copying the background textures/tones. In the Cradle 02-03, in the top-right part of the page, it is possible to see the repetition of the pattern.

Anyways, it is a pass! Good luck in your projects!

I'll compose your welcome message, containing your first assigment, now. Depending on when you read this, it may already be in your inbox; if not, be sure to check it later today.

Return to “Editing”