Cleaner test

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
SpiderAnt

Cleaner test

Postby SpiderAnt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:49 am

Name: SpiderAnt
Availability: Any day except wednesday.
What Manga You're Interested In: I was brought here by Satanophany. Any manga i can work on is fine for me, no preferences.
Software: I will be using Photoshop.
Experience: I have never dibe scanlation before.
Other Groups: None.

Cleaner test: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zmer3ngzdz8q ... t.rar?dl=0

Wraith

Re: Cleaner test

Postby Wraith » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi, SpiderAnt, thanks for your application, and sorry for the delayed response.

Before I give you an assessment, let me advise you always to check the most recent version of our recruitment ad by taking a look at our latest release. Right now, the cleaner recruitment is over, because we have already filled the available positions, at least for the time being. The open positions we have are for typesetting and redrawing.

Nevertheless, I did take a look at your test, and this is the assessment:

Page 01: you forgot to remove the text at the top of the page, but otherwise the clean is fine.

Page 02: you could have removed the dust on the black T-shirt on the middle panel.

Page 03: this one is fine.

Page 04: this is the page that tests applicants for the use of filters. You were too heavy-handed and the patterns became messy. You also forgot to remove the announcements at the margins.

Page 05: you didn't attempt to resize it, and you didn't change the image mode to greyscale. It was also overlevelled.

Page 06 wasn't compressed properly, so I got an error message when I tried to open it.

Overall, I'd say you don't pass. You have some good instincts for levelling and dusting, and your rotacropping is fine, but you need to polish your skills a little more. Also, the original layer should be at the bottom (you put it at the top on pages 01 and 02).

As I said, right now we don't have open positions for cleaning, so we can't take you up. Sorry about that.

Return to “Editing”