Typesetter test

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
jcoffee

Typesetter test

Postby jcoffee » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Name: jco
Availability: Any night
What Manga You're Interested In: Any. As long as the series is somewhat dark themed or horrors. The moon is beautiful tonight? but its joint..
Software: PS CS6
Experience: Yes.
Other Groups: ----

Here is the test..

Wraith

Re: Typesetter test

Postby Wraith » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi, jcoffee,

Thanks for your interest. I've had our Head Typesetter assess it, and this is the result:

i. Your centering is heavily biased to the right. I wondered whether you were just centering in the imaginary bubble in the case of incomplete bubbles, and that was certainly the case in the last bubble of page six (which was skewed to the left). At Death Toll, we center in the real bubble, or at least in a more balanced manner than imaginary bubble centering. However, even if we discount that, we could find full bubbles where the text was positioned to the right of the centre.
ii. There was no font variety on pages four and five. As the shape of the bubble changes, so should the font, and as the attitude of the character speaking varies, so should the font.
iii. There were instances of undersizing of the fonts, too.

Your shaping is mostly okay, and the final assessment is that you have some style and could be trained. However, we're severely understaffed and our editors are struggling just to do their current assignments. I'm afraid we don't have the time to offer you training. (Besides, it would be impolite to offer if you are not in search of training.) So I'm terribly sorry to say that you don't pass.

In case you want to produce another version and submit it again, we'll be happy to assess it as many times as you want.

Return to “Editing”