Cleaner test(old)

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
ZamZeyy

Cleaner test(old)

Postby ZamZeyy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Yes i know your not recruiting and i have a cleaning job already ATM but can i ask you for your opinion and can you give me some tips for the future. i been doing cleaning for a week and it took me an hour and a half to do this number 5 just annoyed me so much haha TT TT ^_^

https://www.mediafire.com/?723x1t4gsdc7g4y
Last edited by ZamZeyy on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wraith

Re: Cleaner test

Postby Wraith » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Actually, we ARE recruiting cleaners at the moment, but if you just want feedback and don't intend to join, I am afraid we don't have time to write assessments just for the sake of it.

If you would consider joining, though, our latest release has an ad with the cleaning positions we have. Let me know if you are interested and then we can think of assessing your test.
ZamZeyy

Postby ZamZeyy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:23 pm

I am interested but i have to finish a volume of a manga in a week or so. i do enjoy the manga here but cannot work here ATM & i think your standards are high so i wanted to know what i needed to improve before taking it later.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Okay, I'll take a look at it later. I won't promise a detailed review, though.
ZamZeyy

Postby ZamZeyy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Thats fine i been doing this for a week so i need reviews detailed or not ^u^
Helios

Postby Helios » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 pm

this is my first time doing this, so if you tell me my mistakes it would be much appreciated.
http://www.megafileupload.com/8mbl/red.zip
ZamZeyy

Postby ZamZeyy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:02 pm

[quote="Helios"]this is my first time doing this, so if you tell me my mistakes it would be much appreciated.
http://www.megafileupload.com/8mbl/red.zip[/q]
Press Create new post on the page before bud :)
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:05 pm

ZamZeyy:

Yes, you need to polish your skills a little, I'm afraid.

Pages 01 and 02 were okay.

You levelled page 03 properly, but didn't remove the Dust, we can specks in the white and black areas that oughtn't to be there.

On page 04, your overlevelled it badly, detail has been lost and it became way too sharp. This is a common mistake when you're trying to get rid of Dust exclusively by levelling.

Page 05 puzzled me. It's a page from Sprite and most applicants fail at levelling it, but you actually managed to retain the armour of the old samurai in the shadow on panel 04. Most applicants overlevel that and cause the armour to disappear in the shadow. However, that might be not to your credit, because you didn't resize the picture and didn't change the image mode to greyscale. Basically, all you did was to remove the text.

You levelled page 06 well, but failed to unwarp it. The attempted redraw of the pistol wasn't well done (most applicants for cleaning try to redraw it for some reason even though we don't ask for it).

So, you don't pass. Basically, you need practice Dusting pages not to rely so much on levelling. Learning to use the Warp and Sharpen tools is also a necessary skill.

Practice makes the master, so good luck and feel free to reapply when you feel confident that you have improved.

Thanks for the interest in applying to Death Toll ^_^
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Helios,

for trying to send malware (immediately detected by NOD32, no harm done at all), you are banished ^_^
ZamZeyy

Postby ZamZeyy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:13 pm

On page 5 i did play around with all the black and greys and stopped when it looked right ^_^

Return to “Editing”