Cleaner

Postby kairuff » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Name: Kairuff
Availability: Daily
What Manga You're Interested In: Nothing particular
Software: Photoshop
Experience: None
Other Groups: None

I love reading mangas and came across the edinote on Deathtopia and so i came here to help if i am up to your standards and put my knowledge in psd and time here too. My ways of editing may not b the same as every1 else but i believe i can manage the same (or at least almost) result.

Im gonna take Cleaner, Redrawer and Typesetter test but 1 at a time XD

Ill start with Cleaner n c how it goes. Heres the link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fw7zp0v1d7zh ... ULRza?dl=0

Wraith

Re: Cleaner

Postby Wraith » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:06 am

Hi, Kairuff, thanks for applying!

(Please read this to the end, you won't regret it. :) )

Now, I've given your test to our Head Cleaner bubbub, and his comments follow:

i. You don't seem to have done any manual Dusting. You tried to compensate for that by overlevelling (particularly pronounced on pages 01a, 02a and 06a), and by applying a blur filter on most pages. In the case of page 06, that blur is very perceptible and combined with the overlevelling it removed a lot of art detail.

ii. You forgot to erase a bubble on page 05, panel 04.

iii. You didn't straighten the pages, even though you cropped the ones that needed cropping. When you cropped page 05, you left a black patch at the lower right edge.

iv. The final size you chose for page 05 was way too big (4220 px height). You have to consider it will be displayed on a computer screen, especially when you are cleaning huge, high-resolution raws. We do some series at 2400 px, but thats our max; most are done at 1300-1600.

v. Just the PSD format is needed for cleaning, but just as a tip, if you want to save your pages in a final format for display, choose PNG to avoid artifacts.

So, I'm afraid you don't pass for cleaning.

However, you did some small redraws on page 06, and you did them well. So you may have a hand for redrawing!

Just so you know, our most needed open editing position right now is a redrawer for Sprite. However, we cannot take you in as a redrawer based on just those few, relatively simple redraws. Sprite is an extremely hard series to redraw, so you need to pass our full redrawing test, which you can find here: https://goo.gl/qfnsc6

Please do everything, including the pages marked "Difficult". We can only pass you if you do all pages successfully. I'm sorry if we sound too stringent, but you simply won't be able to cope with the level of difficulty of Sprite if you cannot do all these pages. And make sure to be on the lookout for double pages and do them accordingly. And of course, you don't need to clean these pages, concentrate on redrawing only.

Good luck, and thanks again for the interest in Death Toll! ^_^

Return to “Editing”