Deathtopia Redrawer Application

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
EdlikesBeds

Deathtopia Redrawer Application

Postby EdlikesBeds » Mon May 30, 2016 4:24 pm

Hey guys. I'll be honest, I don't have much experience redrawing but I know my way around photoshop decently enough. I've always wanted to be in a manga group and I like Deathtopia so I'll give it a shot. Here's a link to the psd files of the general test. Thanks! https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w431za3gq3k9xr/Files.zip?dl=0

Wraith

Re: Deathtopia Redrawer Application

Postby Wraith » Mon May 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Okay, Edlikesbeds,

thank you for applying. As I told you in the Chatango box that the post has been fulfilled, but here's your assessment:

- Page 10_152: you tried to redraw a complex background using only Content-Aware Filling, Clone Stamp, Layer via Copy or similar techniques. It won't do, we can clearly see where the art becomes messy. Complicated backgrounds can be partially hidden by the typeset afterward, but it's impossible to cover everything and you simply have to really redraw everything the hard way - Pen tool, brush, gradients and all.

- Page 019 would be passable, but we can clearly see the missing line of the suit sleeve and elsewhere. On the tie, we can see you used Clone Stamp liberally, but that's not very bad as it's not a conspicuous area.

- Cradle_20_21: we can see clearly where the gap was filled - and we shouldn't be able to. The linework is messy, especially on the moustache man's hand and right should.

- Region_03_0194: the lower area was good. The upper left quadrant is very visible, though, we can see the change in the gradient and in the border of the fog.

You wouldn't pass, I am afraid. You have good instincts for the simpler things, but you need to improve your skills for the more complex ones. But if you want to join a scanlation group, you just need to practice and be patient. There are tutorials on redrawing in the Internet, and some of the larger groups have personnel with time to train rookies. Unfortunately, we don't have enough staff for that.

Good luck!

Return to “Editing”