answer redrawing test

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
theshittywiz

Re: answer redrawing test

Postby theshittywiz » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Hello again, Cuuden.

I'm back again with an assessment of your test, which was a narrow fail this time. Almost all of the issues I pointed out in the last test were fixed and your lineart was rock solid throughout, however, there were still two issues in this test. This time I won't go into close detail about each and every mistake, instead, I'll just point out the overarching issues and if you are interested you can try fixing them.

First of all, there were a few places on "43" were your usage of the clone stamp was quite evident, since there was an obvious blurry border between the screentone in the raw and the one you drew in.

Secondly, as I said last time, we still don't retouch the art on the page, so while I do think your version of "Region_03_0194" looks pretty, it still has to stay true to the original, meaning that the page either has to be redone or, if you can, remove the light effects you added to the page you sent in.

Those two pages are the only ones I still have any grievances with and all the other pages are passed.

Love, TheShittyWiz
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Hey, there, CuuDen,

I'm Wraith, the admin of Death Toll Scans.

After we discussed the Region 40-41 page in the context of your test, TSW concluded that part of its difficulty arises from the fact that the pictures in the test are raws, not cleans, which makes redrawing them unnecessarily harder (since we've long ceased to redraw things on low-quality raws here). So the test has been updated and a new version of that double page, now cleaned, is in place. If you'd like to, you may work on the new version, just download it from the folder where you retrieved it the first time.

Should you choose to reapply, we'll be looking forward to it.

P.S.: You don't need to make a new thread every time you submit a corrected application. You can just post it as a reply to this one. Thanks.
CuuDen

Postby CuuDen » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:42 am

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hzyLu ... MX7QpxB9lg
Hello guys
This is the last two pages. About the assessment, I didnt use clone tool, I just copied the pattern and paste them, then wiped unnecessary part. So it left behind some blur.
And each areas have difference pattern so it hard to make them look smooth ( look at those pixels for hours make me feel quite dizzy ). Will it okay if there still some mess
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Well, CuuDen, you pass. Congratulations!

In fact, you're the first one to pass using the full test in four years. You have every right to be proud.

I'm going to compose a welcome message, also detailing how things work in DT and send you by private message. You'll be able to see it by clicking the small envelope at the top right. It'll probably be there by the time you visit again.

Return to “Editing”