- Remove japanese text that is outside of bubbles
- Reconstruct (yes, not redraw since most of the times this job has nothing to do with traditional drawing) the art that's supposed to be under the text. (Just so you know, putting white boxes over text isn't gonna cut it)
- Merge double pages (If you apply for Sprite that's going to be your main job)
- Reconstruct patterns
- Remove streaks that are left from scanning
The following applies to you:
- You have either Photoshop or Gimp (If you plan on redrawing with MS Paint you can stop reading now)
- You know your ways around the respective software
- You've got good imagination when it comes to figuring out what's underneath text
- You know that something's out of perspective when you see it
- You've got time and patience. Redrawing is, or at least can be, very time consuming. If you're lucky there's one redraw in a chapter, and when your luck runs out there can be 30.
- You've faith in your abilities and horrific redraws make you feel happy rather than hopeless. Since our projects mostly consist of projects that are very difficult to redraw we need someone who doesn't despair when there's a page that has more Japanese text than art on it.
- You're open to criticism, and you're able to work in a team
If you pass the test above, you will be ready to take on any redrawing job in Death Toll. However, we hear that test may be the most difficult one around in the scanlation community (this is just hearsay, not objective truth), so Sarrymast prepared this alternative. In this folder, you will find tailored versions for our difficult series, each one being altogether less difficult than the full test, plus a general version that is simpler and will enable you to take easier series (like God, I want to kill that bastard!). It's your choice which test to take and submit.
Here is a template of how you can make the post, feel free to use it or just figure out what information to add from it:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] Put whatever name you want to be credited as here.
[b]Availability:[/b] Write how often and when you are available here.
[b]What Manga You're Interested In:[/b] What manga brought you here? Which do you want to work on?
[b]Software:[/b] What software will you be using?
[b]Experience:[/b] Have you ever did scanlation before?
[b]Other Groups:[/b] What other scanlation groups are you currently in?