myrt

Cleaner Application

Postby myrt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:19 am

Name: myrt
Availability: Twice a week?
What manga brought you here? Primarily God, you bastard & Ouroboros
Which do you want to work on? Any.
Software: Photoshop CS5 Extended
Experience: 3.5 years...in various LQ speed shoujo groups (which is embarrassing - apart from speed, I probably clean like a novice)
Other Groups: None.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9y1wblrj3kze3rq/
http://www.mediafire.com/?8z6rhz8dz1l3m07/

Wraith

Re: Cleaner Application

Postby Wraith » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:43 am

Hi, myrt, thanks for the interest in joining us.

I had our Head Cleaner assess your test.

First, the good things: cropping, detexting, straightening and especially levelling were properly done. Congratulations on that, it's very uncommon for us to receive an application that passes levelling on the first attempt.

However, we would like you to improve your Dusting (Dodging of whites and Burning of blacks): we know you can do it because you did it in the Underdog page (number 03), it's just a matter of finding every dust speck and doing away with all.

I have had some training in Dusting and I know it's the most tedious part or the job. I don't know what technique you use, but I believe there is no one that makes Dusting very fast or convenient: that's why patience is a desired trait of the cleaner, and why we treasure good cleaners a lot. Personally, I was taught to use a hyper-levelled layer to highlight dust specks, and then use the Magic Wand to select black areas to burn and white areas to dodge, taking care to preserve patterns in adjoining areas, but I know there are other ways. We have some tutorials listed in "Tutorials and Software" in the forums.

So if you feel like trying again, just dust the PSDs from your test to completion and re-submit, no other changes needed. I repeat, no other changes needed: if they are dusted properly, we will pass you.

I'll tell you one thing in advance, don't try to dust by levelling. Your levelling is good, don't change it. If you try to remove dust by levelling, the pictures will lose detail and we will have to fail you.

Good luck!

P. S.: We noticed you redrew a little on page 06. It doesn't influence our assessment, and it is too small for us to tell whether you could become a redrawer, but it was perfect.

Return to “Editing”