Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
Angolx

Cleaner Apliccation

Postby Angolx » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Name: Angolx
Availability: All the days except that I appear some personal matter
What Manga You're Interested In: Sprite
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6
Experience: I currently work on the spanish version of Sprite and other manga in Btooom no fansub
Other Groups: Personal scan (2 persons), but only work one manga in this.

https://1fichier.com/?wj2y6k8nma

Wraith

Re: Cleaner Apliccation

Postby Wraith » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi, Angolx, thanks for your application.

Here's the assessment by the Sprite team leader, Momimomi-senpai.

"I checked only the Sprite page because it's the only one saved as psd. The final result is unsatisfactory... but! He applied Leveling twice. If I remove the second leveling layer, the result becomes MUCH better (checking it closer, I suspect that bad leveling of blacks in the second adjustment layer was unintentional, but how didn't he notice it all the way until saving as JPEG?).

"Anyway, I'd also like to know what filters he used on the raw image (without leveling). The result is quite good if not for lack of dark grays. I guess he used Shadows/Highlights to bring out shadows, but he overdid it. Maybe sharpening also contributed to this effect."

"So, he might be good if he can fix that. Saving as JPEG is not a problem. Converting files for release is the QCer's job."

"Of course he should learn to use the bubble cleaning action."

If you decide to reapply, please convert everything to grayscale. For clearing bubbles, please don't clone stamp paper texture over them. You can send everything in as PSDs.

So for now, I regret to inform you don't pass.
Angolx

Postby Angolx » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:27 am

Thanks for giving me another opportunity, I have asked for advices and looked tutorials about this and I can say that they were me much better.

https://1fichier.com/?87kydgi318

In the image 5 I can use topaz Clean (degrunge), topaz Denoise and topaz vivaciy(sharpen) to improve the sharpness of the image
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Hmmm... I don't know whether you made a mistake saving the file, but we only found PNGs there. We specifically need PSDs to be able to assess your work layer by layer.

There's also the fact that you only posted cleans of the Sprite pages. It would be preferable that you cleaned all of the pages in the test so we can see how adaptable to different kinds of raws and art you are.

If those PNGs were indeed intentional on your part, I'm afraid we have to fail you a second time. However, feel free to re-submit as often as you want, provided that we see improvement every time.
Angolx

Postby Angolx » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:04 am

So, Angolx… you may want to put some more effort into mastering cleaning skills, especially Levelling, before re-applying.

The pages are very overlevelled. You forced your hand on blacks so much that we lost details of the art. It was worse on the Sprite and Destroy and Revolution pages (02, 04 and 06).

On the Ouroboros page (05), you overlevelled, too, and on top of that you used a black brush to cover the off-bubble characters. Characters that are not in bubbles and are superimposed on the art must not be cleaned, the cleaner is expected to leave them as they are and let the redrawer take care of them.

The other two pages, 01 and 03, are overlevelled, too, but not as much as the others and are almost passable.

We have a few tutorials listed here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10 (Sarrymast's one for beginners and Ruinevil's one for scanlation as a whole are very good.)

Thanks for your continued interest.
PervySageChuck

Postby PervySageChuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Angolx, You have shown good persistence in your efforts and while I am merely a lowly Proofreader who is not qualified to judge your work, I believe that you should NOT give up!

Keep working to improve your skills!!! Your kind of persistence is what we here at Death Toll NEED in a member, so PLEASE keep at it, my friend!
Thank you for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.
Angolx

Postby Angolx » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:31 am

Thank you for the encouragement, I will continue trying times as needed.
I thought that I had already commented on my previous answer, but here it is again:
https://1fichier.com/?md6hs9kyc4
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:42 pm

So, Angolx,

so far, your best attempt has been the first one, especially for the Sprite page. The person assessing your tests told me to ask you how you cleaned the Sprite page on your first application. He says he can help you improve from there.

The fourth attempt fails, I'm afraid, he says your technique has become very variable from a page to the next, and thus lacks consistency.

Return to “Editing”