Sprite Re-drawer/Cleaner application.

Cleaners, typesetters, editors and redrawers
Dion

Sprite Re-drawer/Cleaner application.

Postby Dion » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Ok No Idea if this gets double posted, I am sort of confused anyways.

again I'd like to apply for sprite

Thanks!

Wraith

Re: Sprite Re-drawer/Cleaner application.

Postby Wraith » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi, Dion, thanks for the interest in Sprite.

here are our cleaners' comments:

i. You didn't overfilter or overlevel. Congratulations!

ii. However, you didn't Dust (Dodge and Burn).

iii. You took the editor's test, but for Sprite we only need a cleaner. The cleaner test is here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6 It has an extra page relative to the editor's test. There is no need to typeset the pages, we have a typesetter.

iv. As we said, you don't need to typeset the cleaning, but since you did it this time for editor's one, we also assessed you typesetting. Unfortunately, you need polishing. Your tracking, centering and sizing need significant improvement, and you also messed up the position of quotation marks in the first page, second bubble.

So I'm sad to say that you don't pass this time.

If you would like to resubmit, this time please save your work as layered PSDs that retain the raws layer, bundle them in a compressed folder and just post the link. Good luck!
Dion

Postby Dion » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Mkay, I'll try my best.

I never did something like that with PS before so I tried my best.
Usually I just draw stuff so lol.

The thing is I just didn't wanted Sprite to be discarded.

No idea what dust dodging is... looked clean enough to me :O

Yeah well that centering n stuff what you are talking about comes actually from the thing that I cut the boxes out to seperate them on layers.
And than put that square thing on top of it my bad I should have deleted the access, but meh~~~~

Guess you folks have really high standards :C but not everyone trying to keep your projects running is a professional.
And tbh. most people don't even really care on how polished/much work/clean a page is :) (not trying to be rude),
they just read it through once and move on to the next page xD

I understand that you take great pride and passion in your work, but don't stress yourselves out :)

Dion
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:32 pm

No problem, no offence taken.

You know, I am a reader as well as a scanlator so I can see your point of view. However, and since this may be read by other people who object to our standards, lemme tell you something I learned by scanlating. (And by the standards of DT, I am still a noob!)

For many, if not most people who do a hobby, they tend to push their limits further and further the more they practise.

I can tell it has been happening to myself recently as I got an assignment as a typesetter elsewhere (I am a translator here). First you find your work okay, then you start looking at it and think, "Hmmm, this could look better…" and then you slowly begin to raise your standards. I'm not saying that all people behave like this, but believe me, I have met quite a few editors in the scanlation scene and many have high standards because they look for self-improvement all the time. It's not a matter of stress, as hobbyists we face scanlation as a source of fun and also as a challenge. You should see the things our redrawers do not because anyone told them to, but each one just wants to prove to him/herself who is the boss. At least I suspect that might be the reason, because I just stare at their finished products in awe: they want to be proud of their work, and this can be a very serious issue for them. Hobbyists will tell you how passionate they are, and some have standards higher than if they were paid to do it.

So we don't strive to make it look good with the readers in mind. We want to look at it and smile.

Well, if you would like to learn more about cleaning, here are some tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10

(Ruinevil's one is very good. We have our own basic cleaning guide by Sarrymast.)

Return to “Editing”