Redrawing funfact

Mii

Redrawing funfact

Postby Mii » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:34 pm

Hello there!
I just remembered something fun about redrawing that I saw when I was reading Dai no Daibouken (or Dragon Quest: Dai's Adventure) and I wanted to share it with whoever may care :)
After scanlating it for about 100, the team Square Ocean often ranted about how scanlating that series was hard and about how they sometimes thought about giving up. Then, in the chapter 99 the redrawer almost tore off it's own hair. If anyone want to see a hard to redraw chapter and what makes a redrawer's nightmare, check it out ;)

Wraith

Re: Redrawing funfact

Postby Wraith » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:54 am

Thar chapter has numerous redraws, but they are not difficult individually, I'd say. BTOOM! is what I'd call a standard for redrawing difficulty. At Death Toll, Otogi Matsuri was harder than that chapter.
Mii

Re: Redrawing funfact

Postby Mii » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Yes, that is absolutely true. But that had a really big impact on me since it was from when I was thinking about starting helping in scanlation and never before had I realized what was the job of a redrawer. Of course, death toll has much harder stuff and Btoom! is another series with pretty hard redraws.

Return to “General Discussion”