What have you been reading lately?

Mizunoinu

What have you been reading lately?

Postby Mizunoinu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 pm

I was thinking of what to post, so i decided to post a list of what manga that I've finished, will read and currently reading. Trying to compile a list based on my memory of manga for the past 33 years is hard. So please be patient.

What i'm reading

1. Usotsuki Paradox (this manga toys with my emotions. myemotions.jpg)
2. Deathtopia (the manga that brought me here and gave me the courage to apply to be a proofreader)

What i've finished
1. Dragon Ball| before Super Saiya arc 5/5 Ramen| after Super Saiya Arc 3/5 Ramen
2. Dragon Quest (Adventures of Dai)| 4.7/5 Ramen
3. Mx0| 4.8/5 Ramen
4. Beauty Pop| 4.3/5 Ramen
5. Feel 100%| Unable to finish it because of themfeels.jpg
6. Mysterious Girlfriend X (so sad that the ending was BS (my opinion))| 4.99/5 Ramen

Will Read
1. Fairytail
2. Onepiece

Thoughts on Usotsuki Paradox:
I rarely get angry at characters in manga but this manga brings out the worst in me (usually emotional manga about love grates me when hero is so stupid. I usually forgive heroines). I wish i could go inside and mess up Ookuwa Kazu seven ways to Sunday.

What I wanted to be scanlated? Updated on 30/10/2015
Chisa x Pon (the last update was on 2013)
Last edited by Mizunoinu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PervySageChuck

Re: What have you been reading lately?

Postby PervySageChuck » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Geez... I have almost a thousand different series that I follow at Batoto and elsewhere. Although a great number of them are series that are stalled or oneshots or have been axed, etc.

Hmm... Complete series that I have finished...

Cage of Eden, Cradle of Monsters, Kodoku Experiment, Aiki, Akumetsu, Death Note, Jormungand, EX - Shounen Hyouryuu, Franken Fran, Region, And many others.

My more favorite ongoing series:

Comedy: One Punch Man, Prison School, Monster Musume, Rising X Rydeen.

Action, Adventure, Scifi, Fantasy: Black Lagoon, Overlord, Destroy and Revolution, Terra Formars, Verdant Lord, Alice in Borderland, Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There, BDGIM, Deathtopia, Re: Monster, Sprite.

Mystery: Ouroboros, Montage.

Lots of others that I can't recall right now.
Thank you for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.
Mizunoinu

Postby Mizunoinu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Oh man. Aiki is funny as hell. I was introduced to Isutoshi's work via Slut Girl. His handiwork is recognizable immediately.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Hmmm… that's quite a lot to remember, but I'll give a broad selection, including manga and manhwa:

Finished: Full metal alchemist, Beelzebub (the reason I taught myself Japanese), Future Diary

Ongoing: Deathtopia, Ouroboros, Destroy and revolution (the reason I entered scanlation), BTOOOM!, Revenge classroom, Part-time job is evil organisation!?, The rise of the shield hero, DICE: the cube that changes everything, Black Haze, Noragami, Broken Blade, Space brothers

Reading half-heartedly just because I started: Blue exorcist, Seraph of the end, The gamer

Series I hate: Suicide island, Rain (this one is pathological hatred, I loathe the protagonist so fiercely I get homicidal towards the author)
Mizunoinu

Postby Mizunoinu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:42 pm

LOL WRAITH. You know what manga that i want to be translated real bad? Ningen Kyouki Katsuo. I really want it to be finished
PervySageChuck

Postby PervySageChuck » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Damn! I can't believe that I didn't mention FMA or Hellsing or even Battle Royale and Akira... Damn my aging memory!!!
Thank you for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.
Mizunoinu

Postby Mizunoinu » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Stopped reading FMA when they killed off that glasses guy. Of all people that should have died, he was not. Saw akira anime but not much interest in the manga.
Ouzihs

Postby Ouzihs » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:25 am

Mizunoinu wrote:Thoughts on Usotsuki Paradox:
I rarely get angry at characters in manga but this manga brings out the worst in me (usually emotional manga about love grates me when hero is so stupid. I usually forgive heroines). I wish I could go inside and mess up Ookuwa Kazu seven ways to Sunday.

Really? I don't blame Kazu that much. Still, this manga is the only one that manages to get me really angry. To get me angry is quite a feat because I'm a really tolerant person.
[+]
The one that I am most angry with is Hinako. I can't stand her lack of initiative to end the cheating. Anyone who cheats is no good in my book, but to not reject Youkadou after he clearly went too far infuriates me! Her indecisiveness and passive attitude also get to me. I'm still reading it in the hope they all end up alone... I have never had such thoughts for the characters of any other series.
Tohru

Postby Tohru » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:48 am

I'm currently most excited for "Chitra" and "The Evil Lady Will Change."

Chitra's not so serious take on Isekai humour and the precise investment its creators place on fan service blend well. The former reminds me of "Death March to a Parallel World," whilst the latter is almost the precise nuance of showmanship I felt with "Ouran Koko Host Club."

As for "The Evil Lady Will Change," this series seems to center its beginning arc around a common trope where the main protagonist is misunderstood, and is actually a capable and just figure. I've found though, that as the plot has begun to blossom and unfurl the true feeling that saturates this series is almost a very sweet slice of life genre, which in my opinion are among the finest genre's when well-executed.

I am hopeful that these two will develop some level of complexity further that begets those daydreams among favourite characters.

Return to “General Discussion”