- You must have a thorough knowledge of the English language. (Able to read, write and converse comfortably with even the most backward, inbred Southern Redneck or stuffy, stuck-up, snobbish Damn Yankee. Optional ability to understand super laid back Californians is also a plus!)
- You should be aware that "Spelling Checker" programs are NOT to be trusted! When in doubt, it is best to have a decent collegiate dictionary handy.
- If you don't know how to choose the proper homonym or whether or not to use an article such as "a", "an" or "the" in a text, you WILL be strung up by your genitalia and slowly lowered into a pit filled with hungry zombies!
- Since literal translations will occasionally sound awkward in English, you need to have a good sense of alternate phrasing that will BOTH maintain the basic meaning of the author's original text AND keep the flow of dialogue in English logical and entertaining to our readers. (This does NOT give you free license to rewrite a text to suit your own warped and twisted sense of humor, as the many scars on my back from Death Toll's Grand Inquisitor will attest!!!) Be aware that the Translator has final approval on any word or phrase changes that you make, so you should be willing to work WITH the Translator and logically defend any changes that you wish to make to a text.
- One of the duties of the Proofreader is to format your proof in such a way as to make the Typesetter's job both easier and less likely to have texts placed in the wrong location within a panel or on a page. I developed a format that requires more time on my part to work with. If you can find an easier format to use that does the same job, feel free to show me your example so that I can derisively laugh at you while pointing my finger at you behind your back while all of your friends and family are watching!
All applicants will be sent a test to be evaluated by Death Toll's Head Proofreader. (That's ME!!!) The test will usually be a recent translation of a chapter that has NOT yet been released. You will have 7 days to finish the test... And I advise you to take your time to get it right as careless mistakes from rushing your work will NOT be acceptable! (Please refer to item #3 above for what happens to Proofers who rush their work!)
Here is some basic info that Death Toll will require of you:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] Put whatever name you want to be credited as here.
[b]Availability:[/b] Write how often and when you are available here.
[b]What Manga You're Interested In:[/b] What manga brought you here? Which series do you want to work on?
[b]Software:[/b] What software will you be using?
[b]Experience:[/b] Have you ever done scanlation work before?
[b]Other Groups:[/b] What other scanlation groups are you currently in or have worked with in the past?
Optional info needed for Ol' Pervy's disgusting, depraved, and deviant private use:
If you are a male: Are you gay? ( I hope so, since I don't need any more competition for the attention of Death Toll's lovely ladies than I already have to deal with. It is SOOOOOO difficult for an aging, ugly, pot-bellied, senile old pervert like me to get their attention in the first place!!!)
If you are a female: What are your three sizes? Do you like wearing sexy lingerie? Do you like to Cosplay? And do you know how to use a baseball bat to control perverts like me? (My sister offers FREE lessons to all women who are almost certain to be offended, stalked or sexually harassed by me at some time or another!)